Dec 18: Holiday Swap and Crafting Jamboree at Southside
Saturday, December 18, Noon-3pm
Southside Community Center
305 S. Plain St, Ithaca, NY
Strapped for cash? Like working with your hands? Check off everyone on your list by swapping and making your own gifts this holiday season!
All are welcome to this FREE event. Barter for goodies with your neighbors or make one-of-a-kind gifts at the crafting station run by Ithaca Freeskool. As always, there will be a free area for people who want to give stuff away.
Hosted and co-sponsored by the Southside Community Center.
You can post haves/wants to the Wall of this event on Facebook or to the Share Tompkins email list.
What to bring:
– Materials for craft-making: decorative paper, markers, fabric,etc.
– Food: teas, baked goods, jams, chocolate, etc.
– Body Care: tinctures, soaps, creams, etc.
– Handmade Crafts: ceramics, candles, art, etc.
– Stuff: electronics, housewares, books, etc.
– Services: massage, yoga, music lessons, etc.
– Bags, boxes and carts to take stuff home in
– Our goal is sustainability – please bring stuff that is locally-grown or made from local materials if possible, but anything is welcome!
– Be prepared to take back home with you whatever you don’t end up bartering or giving away. Left-over items will be donated appropriately.
– Please bring stuff that is in good condition or can be easily-repaired – no junk!
Please spread the word even if you can’t come!