Jan 30: Really Really Free Market #1
Our eighth Share Tompkins gathering is a Really Really Free Market! That means that EVERYTHING is free – bring what you can, take what you need. The more we can provide for one another locally, the closer we are to sustainability! In addition to free food from Garden Gate Delivery, there will be free massages, button-making, and mini-workshops taught by Ithaca Freeskool. You’ll also be able to learn about local groups offering free services including BirthNet, Alternatives Federal Credit Union, SewGreen, and the Ithaca Free Clinic.
Really Really Free Market
Saturday, January 30, 2010, 1-4pm
Henry St. John Building
301 S. Geneva St, Ithaca, NY, Map
What is a Really Really Free Market?
“The Really Really Free Market (RRFM) movement is a non-hierarchical collective of individuals who form a temporary market based on an alternative gift economy. The RRFM movement aims to counteract capitalism in a non-reactionary way. It holds as a major goal to build a community based on sharing resources, caring for one another and improving the collective lives of all.”
What to bring:
– Food and Produce: veggies, teas, baked goods, jams, tofu, etc.
– Body Care: tinctures, soaps, etc.
– Handmade Crafts: ceramics, candles, art, etc.
– Stuff: electronics, housewares, tools, books, etc.
– Services: massage, bike repair, web design, accounting, shoveling, moving, etc.
– Space: housing, working, gardening, etc. + you can offer to host our next event!
– Bags, boxes and carts to take stuff home in
– Our goal is sustainability – please bring stuff that is locally-grown or made from local materials
if possible, but everything is welcome!
– Be prepared to take back home with you left-over items.
– Please bring stuff that is in good condition or can be easily-repaired – no junk!
Please spread the word even if you can’t come!
Really Really Free Market Flier (PDF)