Next Swap Meet July 20
SHARE TOMPKINS COMMUNITY SWAP MEET #3
Need any furniture? Wanna make a button?
Like sharing? Have skills? Bring goods and services you’d like to share, and you’ll be able to barter, give away or sell your offerings to other community members. The more we can provide for one another locally, the closer we are to sustainability!
Monday, July 20th, 7-9pm
Jamie and Kenzie’s Place:
412 E. Tompkins St. Apt 1 (the bottom apt, between N. Aurora and Linn St.), Ithaca, NY
Our third swap meet will be hosted by Jamie and Kenzie who live in Fall Creek and have a yard with outdoor seating where we can congregate. They’ve got a bunch of furniture and some lumber to part with. If it’s raining we might reschedule so check the Facebook event page for updates.
Feel free to also bring potluck dishes and refreshments that can be shared during the swap meet!
Shira and Ari will be bringing their button-maker! You’ll be able to make your own hand-drawn buttons to promote your business, organization, activist group or just to express yourself. Trades appreciated.
PARKING: Please park on the street or at the Fall Creek elementary school or laundromat (both a block away).
You can post haves/wants on Facebook or to the Share Tompkins email list (see below).
What to bring:
– Food and Produce: veggies, teas, baked goods, jams, tofu, etc.
– Body Care: tinctures, soaps, creams, etc.
– Handmade Crafts: ceramics, candles, art, etc.
– Stuff: electronics, housewares, tools, books, etc.
– Services: massage, bike repair, web design, accounting, etc.
– Labor: shoveling, hauling, planting, etc.
– Bags, boxes and carts to take stuff home in
– Our goal is sustainability – please bring stuff that is locally-grown or made from local materials if possible.
– Please limit what you bring to what you can fit in a lap-sized box – you can always arrange for pick-up after the meeting.
– Be prepared to take back home with you whatever you don’t end up bartering or giving away.
– Please bring stuff that is in good condition or can be easily-repaired – no junk!
Contact Shira Golding for more information:
If you can’t make this swap meet, stay tuned for the next one!
Brought to you by Share Tompkins, created to help folks share and trade goods, services and labor in Ithaca and Tompkins County.